Assisted living communities or assisted living facilities (ALFs) help promote health, safety, and well-being among the senior residents that live there. Assisted living was developed as a type of senior housing to provide housing, health care, and personal care services to seniors in need of assistance with activities of daily living in a more independent environment than a traditional nursing home.
Among assisted living communities there is a wide variation in the level of care that may be provided. Some assisted living communities to specialize in providing a supportive and safe environment for seniors who are largely independent but need some minor periodic assistance with activities of daily living or medication management. Other assisted living providers have designed their services specifically for the very frail elderly who need a very high level of assistance on a daily basis. These assisted living facilities have become a substitute for nursing homes and frequently provide many, though not all, of the same care services as a skilled nursing facility. It is important to know what type of environment each assisted living community caters to so that your loved one will be most comfortable.
There are over 36,000 assisted living options to choose from in the United States. You can narrow your search for assisted living options by contacting one of our assisted living placement specialists who can help you find an assisted living community to meet your care needs, location, and budget. Click here to contact one of our assisted living specialists.
- Also Known as Assisted Care Community
- Payment Sources: Mostly Private Pay; Some Take Medicaid
- Price Range: $3,000 to $6,000 per month depending on the size of apartment and level of assistance
We are the Assisted Living experts because we personally review every facility we work with. Our unique on-going evaluation of all facilities ensures that we will only direct you to the best in the business, providing you the best Quality of Life. Look at some of the advantages we offer to you and your family:
- We offer counseling and assessments to help determine the appropriate level of care – is assisted living even right for you?
- We help to negotiate the lowest facility price possible for you and your family
- All health concerns addressed – Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, Heart Disease, Cancer, Stroke, Diabetes – short or long term placements
- LET US DRIVE! We will schedule tours with local representatives and take you to the best facilities in your area
- We will NEVER charge you or your family a fee – all services are free to our members!
- Financial Planning on how to prudently afford long term care. Our goal is to ensure that no one outlives their finances.
- Our Certified Senior Care Manager’s act as transition and Case Managers providing support, counseling, and accessing services at the time of the move.